The 2014 Cannes Lions is coming up. Bono will speak as will a host of others (happier to have seen Lou Reed last year, personally). Beyond the frenzy of awards, late night parties and an unhealthy dose of "fomo", there are tremendous innovations in marketing revealed each year. I attended last year and was surprised at how much terrific work was shown there. Unlike most of the folks in attendance, I spent hours browsing through the case studies on display in the basement of the Palais.
This year will be no different. While advertising awards shows can be criticized as overly self-involved events where agency motives sit squarely on winning at any cost, they can still be terrific showcases.
What to expect at Cannes Lions 2014
Digitas LBI France has put together a terrific look forward - what to watch for at Cannes 2014. Not only have they collected some of the most interesting case studies of likely award winners, organized them in their view of trending categories, they have also created an awesome slideshow with built-in videos.
Browse through this show to view some of the most interesting innovations in marketing this year.
Make sure you check out:
- The Digital Newspaper Holder - how to innovate and add value to newspapers
- The Social Swipe - how to make giving a public, easy and creative act
- Wren, The Kiss - I got teary during this terrific video
- NAR Mobile's Life Saving Cable - I didn't think the wrist band had another life and I was wrong
- Melbourne Remote Control Tourist - see through the cams of someone else before flying halfway around the world
- Droga5's Thunderclap - an awesome way to jumpstart a social good campaign
And so much more...
And if that isnt enough, you can always refer back to the next big thing from our colleagues down under: