There are 3 events coming up this year that are truly must-attend events for me. I play a role in each which isn't the full explanation of why I "must attend." Each is compelling as it pulls unusual and smart people together for conversation that can actually push our business forward this year. Each engages that part of my brain that longs for fresh thinking and apreciates the power of divergent groups.
The first is put on by ifocos.org and is part of the WeMedia summit series. here is the skinny:
October 14-15 Buenos Aires, Argentina at MALBA
Why it's compelling: The conference brings together smart thinkers from media, technology, marketing and non profits to discuss how our world and our businesses are transforming in light of social media, user engagement and the Internet as a whole. Not the usual echo-chamber of tech-heads, this experience forces us to make connections/comparisons with different businesses and always injects new thinking. It is like a great dinner party that puts together interesting strangers for a reason. I inevitably apply many things I learn to my work with a week or two.
Who is participating/speaking (besides myself):
- Eduardo Hauser, CEO, DailyMe.com
- Josh Cohen, Business Product Manager, Google News
- Steve Herrmann, Editor BBCNews.com
- Victor Kong, VP and managing director, MySpace Latin America
- Florencia Pettigrew, International Marketing Manager LinkedIn
- Esteban Panzeri, Lenovo
- Martín Tinghitella, Director de Movilización Pública y FR de Greenpeace
- Sergio Hernández, Negocios Digitales Infomedia - Intel Social Media
Come if you can. Or tell your Latin American colleagues to come.